Don't know where to start with the whole chicken you just bought at the farmers market? This is where you start. Our family uses this recipe for most of our chickens because it is easy but makes a delicious chicken.
Basic Roasting Instructions
- Defrost (2 days in fridge)
- Place on rack in roasting pan
- Apply dry brine (Kosher salt + herbs) inside and outside
- Let rest uncovered in fridge (8+ hours)
- Bake 425F 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until done (165F internal temp.)
If you want to learn more about cooking a whole chicken, we recommend that you check out these websites: